In between two diverse countries , i.e Tibet and India a beautiful mind blowing mountain valley known as Spiti Valley exists. This secluded place is a burst of Tibetan cultures and traditions. Right from snow capped mountains , quaint villages , crystal clear lakes , lush meadows and a bunch of monasteries to really let out your spiritual being. These have made tourism very popular in Spiti Valley and year round locals are always welcoming you to this gem of a place.
Most of the travel agencies follow this itinerary but however you can adjust accordingly to your own convenience. It is a total of 9-11 days trip and I assure you’ll enjoy every bit of it.
Day 1 : Delhi to Shimla
- You can start in the morning or night as per convenience. If you start in the morning you will have time to see around Shimla however if you can’t allocate so much time , start towards the night itself.
- It takes around 7 hours to reach
- Since you’re already at this place do visit some famous sightseeing places in Shimla including Mall Road , Jakhu Temple and Lakkar Bazaar for some great shopping.
Day 2 : Shimla / Narkanda to Kinnaur Valley
- It is only a 2 hour drive from Shimla to Narkanda
- A beautiful , once in a lifetime drive through Kinnaur Valley
- Overnight stay at Sangla
Day 3 : Sangla to Chitkul / Kalpa
- Do check out the Kamru Fort at Sangla before heading your way out
- 4-5 hours drive
- Chitkul is a small village with scenic views , delicious food and so much culture.
- Overnight stay at Kalpa and head over to Mount Kinner Kailash for sunset watching. A truly incredible experience!
Day 4 : Journey to Tabo en route stops like Nako , Geyu Mummy and Tabo Monastery
- Go through the Hindustan Highway and check out Satluj Rivers and Khab
- Drive straight to Nako and enjoy the view at Nako Lake during lunch
- Further into this you reach Chango Sumdo and you’re finally in Spiti Valley
- If interested , take a detour from there and visit Geyu Village to look at the mummy.
- Visit the famous Tabo Monastery , a spiritual abode once reaching Tabo
- 9 hours long drive but varies according to the breaks and stops in between.
Day 5 : Tabo – Dhankar – Pin Valley
- Drive to Dhankar and enjoy at Dhankar Lake and visit the monastery there
- Post lunch , start your ride again by heading to Pin Valley also known as Mud Village , an underrated place that many miss on their Spiti Valley tour.
Day 6 : Pin Valley – Kaza – Tashigang
- Head to Kaza , a famous place for its sightseeing and headquarters of Spiti Valley
- Kaza Monastery is very well known here and is a must visit
- Shop there for many souvenirs in the markets beside such as flags , keychains and clothing
- A very peaceful place and only takes around 3-4 hours drive
- If time permits , do visit the Kibber Village.
- Tashigang is where it all ends and a picturesque ride from with overnight stay at Kaza itself.
Day 7 : Kaza – Hikkim – Langra – Komik
- A diversion to this beautiful place is all worth it.
- Langra is famous for its buddha statues and a scenic backdrop for your pictures. You can even view the Chau Chau Kang Nelda peak from here!
- Hikkim is famous for its world’s highest post office at an astonishing 4440 meters. Write some cheesy letters to your loved ones and send them through this!
- Komik is home to the well renowned Tangyud Monastery and is found at the highest peak.
- Enjoy your day with some native food , embrace and reconnect with yourself and nature.
- Overnight stay at Langra / Hikkim / if you don’t like the bustling crowd here drive over to Losar.
Day 8 – Langra /Hikkim/Losar to Chandratal
- Drive to Chandratal via Kunzum Pass and enjoy your day there
- A common trekking and camping destination , this place is home to so many famous tourists year round.
- Overnight camp at Chandratal Camps itself , an absolutely beautiful place to enjoy some great food , spend quality time with friends and make some lifelong memories.
Day 9 – Chandratal to Manali
- Head to Manali through the Rohtang Pass
- The drive from this place will literally blow your minds and mesmerize your eyes like never before.
- Overnight stay at Manali. A very decent , safe place with lots of options for accommodation and food.
Day 10 – Manali to Delhi
- If you have enough budget and time to visit Manali , start in the morning itself.
- Some famous destinations here are the Hadimba Temple , Jogini Waterfalls , Beas River , Mall Road , Manu Temple , Solang Valley for all the ski and sport enthusiasts!